By doing things right, you and your co-workers will commit yourselves to safety on the job and everyone will benefit. Accidents occur in many ways but most often can be traced back to one of two basic factors: ignorance or carelessness. You must always be concerned with your own safety and with the safety of others around you.
The following is a general list of safety precautions you must observe in any work area:
· Don’t fool around. “Horseplay” is one of the biggest causes of injuries on the job and it may be grounds for dismissal.
· Never work while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as you are a hazard to yourself and your co-workers.
· Pay particular attention to moving objects, such as equipment, dollies, mixers, and slicers.
· Walk, do not run, in the work areas.
· Stay completely alert on the job.
· Avoid back strain by lifting properly.
Kitchen Accidents and Their Causes
Over 90% of all accidents are preventable, and three basic rules of kitchen safety, if enforced, will significantly reduce the likelihood of kitchen mishaps.
1. Do not run: People who rush around in the kitchen tend to take chances that increase the likelihood of an accident.
2. Keep your mind on your work: People who let their attention wander are a hazard to themselves and others around them. Lack of interest, personal problems, and distraction by others can all lead to serious accidents in the kitchen.
3. Observe all the rules for operating kitchen equipment. Never operate kitchen equipment until instructed in the correct procedures.
In a commercial kitchen, safety is everyone’s job. It is a responsibility that must be accepted throughout the working day. As stated many times before, accidents are caused — they do not just happen. They are the result of not knowing the proper way to do a task, carelessly performing an operation or job, or not being consciously aware during the performance of a task. It is wise to remember that careless workers not only jeopardize their own health and well-being, but also jeopardize those around them.
Cooking is considered a fairly safe occupation, but hazards certainly do exist, not only in food preparation but in other related tasks as well. The most common accidents in the kitchen are cuts, burns, falls, and strains. All of these accidents happen when extreme carelessness or general horseplay is present. Carelessness and horseplay can be neither justified nor allowed in the commercial kitchen.
In any Kitchen there always be Tools & Equipment, let says it as ‘utensils’ for both of them. the kitchen need Utensils for worker to “playing” in there, there won’t be any kitchen without utensils, larger Kitchen usually have many Utensils in it.
Its necessary for Kitchen to have standard issue for Utensils safety, Anyone who spends time in a kitchen should learn the safety rules that apply to the equipment he or she will be using. Cuts and burns can be avoided by learning how to use tools and appliances properly and safely.
Cartgo provides Best Home & Kitchen Appliances in Delhi . Keep yourself safe in the kitchen by being aware of safety precautions and practicing them every time you cook.